Cape Town finds itself in the midst of a cold winter. We know that our winters are nothing like those in the northern hemisphere. For us, when the temperature drops below 10 degrees celsius, we find it cold, very cold. It is not all bad, we are also blessed with some amazing sunny days.
What better way to celebrate such a beautiful day than with a White Chocolate Mousse. Something to compliment the sunshine and a reminder that summer is coming.
The recipe that follows is a Gordon Ramsay recipe we came across and just had to try.
White Chocolate and Lime Mousse
What you'll need:
100g COCOAFAIR 35% White Chocolate with Vanilla
300ml Double Cream
Zest of 1 Lime
3 Large Eggs
50g Castor Sugar
150g Raspberries (we added some blueberries just for fun)
Some mint sprigs
Now to the making of the mousse
1. Break the chocolate and put in a heatproof bowl.
2. Heat half the cream in a saucepan until it starts to boil. Add it to the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Put the remainder of the cream and the lime zest in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks. Fold this mixture into the melted chocolate.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks. Add the castor sugar a spoon at a time and whisk until it is smooth and shiny. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Put some raspberries aside and place the remainder of the raspberries and blueberries into a bowl. Crush with a fork and add some shredded mint. Add the chocolate mousse and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Dish and garnish with some raspberries, blueberries, mint and lime zest.
If you have tried this, let us know what you think or please share with us your favourite chocolate mousse recipe.